Join the Virtual Team for 2020!
June 29th to September 18th
The Scotiabank Charity Challenge will continue as a virtual run/walk! We hope you will join with us and help kick NF to the finish line!
The event will take place from Monday June 29th to Friday September 18th, so you have the flexibility of choosing a date and time that works for you. There is a 5km, a 10km, and half marathon distance.
For your $35 entry fee you get:
- Virtual bib
- Saucony souvenir shirt
- Finishers medal
- Virtual finishers badge
How: You can run or walk the 21K, 10K or 5K and you can do the full distance at once or break it into smaller increments over several days. Once complete, you will visit Sportstats to upload your race time.
Your finisher’s medal and shirt will then be delivered to you! Virtual Race FAQs
Once you have set your virtual goal, please consider setting a goal to support the Tumour Foundation either by raising funds or making a one-time donation. All you need to do is customize and share your fundraising page with the world and start! It’s super easy!
As Scotiabank covers all the fees associated with online fundraising, 100% of the funds you raise or donate will go directly to the Foundation!
The event has raised over $100,000 for NF!
We are deeply grateful to everyone who helps support and raise funds for the Tumour Foundation of BC. For the 2020 ScotiaBank Charity Challenge we want to say thank you in a special way.
We have chosen a few rewards to acknowledge and show our appreciation for your fundraising efforts.
|$100||Commemorative team t-shirt|
|$250||Invitation to pre-race pasta dinner|
|$500||$40 Registration Refund|
|$1,000 - $2,499||$100 E-gift card of your choice|
|$2,500- $4,999||$200 E-gift card of your choice|
|$5,000+||$300 E-gift card of your choice|
Important information about the fundraising rewards:
- Fundraising rewards are awarded based on individual fundraising efforts.
- Team fundraising funds do not qualify for fundraising rewards.
- Only ONE prize per registered participant, with the exception of the t-shirt and pre-race pasta dinner, and registration refund which are accumulative.
- T-shirts will be distributed on event day.
- To qualify for fundraising rewards, all funds must be received within two weeks of the run day.
- E-gift cards will be sent to participants to the email address provided during registration. You choose which card you’d like to receive and we will send it to you with the reward level reached. Please ensure you register using the email address to which you would like to receive your e-gift card.
Fundraising rewards are paid for by the Tumour Foundation. Donate your fundraising rewards back to the Foundation and help direct more funds towards research.
Tools for Runners
Email Invite for Sponsorships
We made the part of asking your friends and family to support your run a little easier. Download this text to use as is, or personalize it, to send to your family and friends in support of your fundraising goals.
There are lots of ideas on this list to help you reach your fundraising goals. Here are a few suggestions to get you started.
Online Coaching to Get You Ready to Run
We’ve also found these great resources for you as you prepare to train for your 5K!