Neurofibromatosis is pronounced neuro-fibroma-tosis and is commonly referred to as NF. NF causes tumours to grow on nerves throughout the body. The term NF represents three distinct disorders:
- Intro to NF.
- Neurofibromatosis Type 1 (NF1) The most common genetic disorder affecting approximately one in 3,000.
- Patient Checklist for NF1.
- Neurofibromatosis Type 2 (NF2) A less common form, affecting approximately one in 40,000
- Schwannomatosis Appears to occur as often as NF2, affecting approximately one in 40,000 individuals.
- Genetics of NF.
- Physician Referral Network.