The Tumour Foundation of BC exists today because of the dedication and commitment of volunteers. We would not be here without them.
It was our founder, Paul Ralfs, that began a support group for the community more than thirty years ago, and with an army of volunteers we have flourished into a strong Foundation. Today, as much as then, volunteers continue to be vital to the existence of our organization.
Please help the Tumour Foundation of BC continue to reach out to the NF community by donating your time, skills and passion today!
Volunteers are required in all areas of our Foundation. This includes providing education and support to people with NF, organizational development and governance, and fundraising activities.
If you have a talent or skill that would benefit the Tumour Foundation of BC please contact us.
Ways to Get Involved:
- Join the symposium committee to help plan the 2020 event
- Participate with the Shine a Light on NF campaign by identifying buildings and landmarks we can ask to light up on May 17th, World NF Awareness Day
- Sign up as fundraising runner/walker at the June Scotiabank Charity Challenge
- Be a volunteer host at an upcoming community event
- Contribute your NF story to the online library
- Offer your support in the parent and patient BC NF families Facebook group
- Become our newsletter editor
Currently seeking the following volunteer positions:
As a Board member, you will contribute your expertise, provide governance, establish policies, fundraise, and support the Executive Director in carrying out the mandate of the organization.
Currently, we are seeking board members with experience in community engagement, capacity building, and business.
Board Members attend virtual monthly meetings, a yearly face-to-face strategic planning session, and year round special events.
If you are interested in learning more about this role, please contact the Executive Director at email@example.com.
Our vibrant and rapidly growing charitable organization is seeking a dedicated Board Member to take on the role of Treasurer.
We require an individual who has expertise in accounting and financial forecasting. Working with non-profit boards is definitely an asset.
As a Board member, you will attend virtual monthly meetings, a yearly in-person strategic planning session, and year round special events.
- Assisting with the development of the budget in consultation with the Board and staff
- Interpreting financial reports and sharing findings and concerns regularly with the Board at meetings (held virtually on the first Wednesday of each month at 7pm)
- Providing guidance and advisement on financial investments
- Assessing the financial results of fundraising ventures and new programs
- Engaging in other general duties required by the members of the Board
If you are interested in learning more about this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Tumour Foundation of BC. Please complete the following application so that we can make the best use of your talents and expertise, and offer you the most rewarding experience as a volunteer of the organization.