Ready to share your time, skills and passion with the
Tumour Foundation of BC?
The Tumour Foundation of BC exists today because of the dedication and commitment of volunteers. We are inviting interested candidates to submit their application now to join the volunteer Board of Directors for the 2020-2022 term.
Volunteers are required in all areas of our Foundation. This includes providing education and support to people with NF, organizational development and governance, and fundraising activities.
If you have a talent or skill that would benefit the Tumour Foundation of BC please contact us.
Board Member Volunteers Needed
The Tumour Foundation of BC wishes to invite interested candidates to submit their application to join the Board of Directors for the 2021-2023 term.
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals whose experience and skill set include the following:
- Fundraising and special events
- Public relations, communications
- Advocacy on a provincial level
- Non-profit governance and management
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
Board Member Expectations
- Ensure the Foundation has adequate resources to carry out its mission, which includes fundraising through events and individual solicitations throughout the year.
- Be passionate about the Foundation’s mission and eager to share the organization’s events and fundraising initiatives with your community.
- Serve actively on committees of the Board.
- Contribute to activities and events hosted by the organization whenever possible.
- Be aware of Foundation’s policies and bylaws.
- Attend monthly board meetings (via Zoom) and one or two in-person meetings throughout the year. Board meetings are currently scheduled for the first Wednesday of the month from 7-8:30pm.
- Prepare for and participate actively in board meetings and email communications between meetings, both with other Board members and staff as necessary.
Interviews will take place in mid-July by Zoom. Board members will be announced at our Annual General Meeting on September 30th, 2021, at 7:00 pm. You can complete the application for board member here.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available beyond the board roles. Connect with our staff to learn how you can share your passion and skills today or complete and submit the form below.
Ways to Get Involved:
- Join the symposium committee to help plan the 2020 event
- Participate with the Shine a Light on NF campaign by identifying buildings and landmarks we can ask to light up on May 17th, World NF Awareness Day
- Sign up as fundraising runner/walker at the June Scotiabank Charity Challenge
- Be a volunteer host at an upcoming community event
- Contribute your NF story to the online library
- Offer your support in the parent and patient BC NF families Facebook group
- Become our newsletter editor
VOLUNTEER NEWSLETTER EDITOR
Do you have a passion for writing? Can you get lost for hours in creative projects? Do you want to make a difference to the NF community? If you answered ‘yes’ to the above questions, we want you on our team! Learn more about the volunteer newsletter editor position below.
If you love numbers, puzzles and working with a team of passionate volunteers we encourage you to check out the Volunteer Treasurer Position below.
The Tumour Foundation of BC is a vibrant charitable organization serving individuals and families affected by neurofibromatosis since 1984.
We are seeking a dedicated volunteer to support the Foundation's strategic priorities in the role of a volunteer Treasurer.
Expertise in budgeting and financial forecasting is required for this position, as is a passion for wanting to make a difference in the rare disease community. Experience working with a non-profit board is definitely an asset, but not essential. (We can grow together!)
The Board meets virtually on the first Wednesday of every month at 7pm. There is an expectation you will be available to participate in additional Executive meetings, a yearly strategic planning session, and support the Foundation's fundraising events throughout the year.
- Assisting with the development of the budget in consultation with the Board and staff
- Interpreting financial reports and sharing findings and concerns regularly with the Board at meetings
- Providing guidance and advisement on financial investments
- Assessing the financial results of fundraising ventures and new programs
- Engaging in other general duties required by the members of the Board
3-6 hours a month
How to Apply:
If the position interests you please send your resume to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about the organization visit tumourfoundation.ca
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Tumour Foundation of BC. Please complete the following application so that we can make the best use of your talents and expertise, and offer you the most rewarding experience as a volunteer of the organization.