Ready to share your time, skills and passion with the
Tumour Foundation of BC?
The Tumour Foundation of BC exists today because of the dedication and commitment of volunteers. We are inviting interested candidates to submit their application now to join the volunteer Board of Directors for the 2022-2023 term.
Volunteers are required in all areas of our Foundation. This includes providing education and support to people with NF, organizational development and governance, and fundraising activities.
If you have a talent or skill that would benefit the Tumour Foundation of BC please contact us.
Board Member Volunteers Needed
The Tumour Foundation of BC wishes to invite interested candidates to submit their application to join the Board of Directors for the 2022-2023 term.
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals whose experience and skill set include the following:
- Fundraising and special events
- Public relations, communications
- Advocacy on a provincial level
- Non-profit governance and management
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
Board Member Expectations
- Ensure the Foundation has adequate resources to carry out its mission, which includes fundraising through events and individual solicitations throughout the year.
- Be passionate about the Foundation’s mission and eager to share the organization’s events and fundraising initiatives with your community.
- Serve actively on committees of the Board.
- Contribute to activities and events hosted by the organization whenever possible.
- Be aware of Foundation’s policies and bylaws.
- Attend monthly board meetings (via Zoom) and one or two in-person meetings throughout the year. Board meetings are currently scheduled for the first Wednesday of the month from 7-8:30pm.
- Prepare for and participate actively in board meetings and email communications between meetings, both with other Board members and staff as necessary.
Interviews will take place in early September by Zoom. Board members will be announced at our Annual General Meeting on October 29th. You can complete the application for board member here. If you’d like more information and would like to speak to a Board member before applying please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available beyond the board roles. Connect with our staff to learn how you can share your passion and skills today or complete and submit the form below.
VOLUNTEER NEWSLETTER EDITOR
Do you have a passion for writing? Can you get lost for hours in creative projects? Do you want to make a difference to the NF community? If you answered ‘yes’ to the above questions, we want you on our team! Learn more about the volunteer newsletter editor position below.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Tumour Foundation of BC. Please complete the following application so that we can make the best use of your talents and expertise, and offer you the most rewarding experience as a volunteer of the organization.