The Tumour Foundation of BC exists today because of the dedication and commitment of volunteers. We would not be here without them.
It was our founder, Paul Ralfs, that began a support group for the community more than thirty years ago, and with an army of volunteers we have flourished into a strong Foundation. Today, as much as then, volunteers continue to be vital to the existence of our organization.
Please help the Tumour Foundation of BC continue to reach out to the NF community by donating your time, skills and passion today!
Volunteers are required in all areas of our Foundation. This includes providing education and support to people with NF, organizational development and governance, and fundraising activities.
If you have a talent or skill that would benefit the Tumour Foundation of BC please get in touch.
Currently seeking the following volunteer positions:
Do you have a passion for writing and strong computer skills to help create a monthly email newsletter for our community?
- Good communication skills in English (both written and spoken)
- Good Computer skills with graphic software and the email marketing service Mailchimp
- Creativity to build eye catching communications
- The ability to prioritize information
- The ability to follow timelines and deadlines
If you are interested in volunteering for this role, please contact the Executive Director at email@example.com.
As a Board member, you will contribute your expertise, provide governance, establish policies, fundraise, and support the Executive Director in carrying out the mandate of the organization.
Currently, we are seeking board members with experience in community engagement, capacity building, and business.
Board Members attend virtual monthly meetings, a yearly face-to-face strategic planning session, and year round special events.
If you are interested in learning more about this role, please contact the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cocktails for a Cure is the key fundraiser for the Tumour Foundation of BC. It is a spectacular evening of music, food and fun accompanied by silent and live auctions. View past events here.
Cocktails for a Cure volunteers assist the staff and Board with the planning of the silent auction and securing donated items for the event.
Funds raised at this event are vital to our research program, which provides grants for projects that expedite the exploration of new ideas for understanding neurofibromatosis, and improve patient care.
Overall duties are to work with the staff and other volunteers to organize a silent auction.
- Recording and tracking donated items
- Solicit items from a master list
- Follow up with prospective donors with phone calls, emails and/or personal visits to solicit or pick up silent auction items
- Complete bid sheets prior to event day
- We are seeking individuals who are eager to make a difference to the community, and do not fear fundraising.
- Being outgoing and energetic and having experience planning special events or sales experience would be an asset, but not essential. Training is provided.
A minimum of two hours weekly through to event day, April 27th, 2019.
Volunteers receive complimentary tickets to the event, recognition of their work on the organization's website, and knowledge of broad fundraising concepts.
Having a car and valid driver's license is helpful, but not essential. This year we will also have some incentives for our fundraising team.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Tumour Foundation of BC. Please complete the following application so that we can make the best use of your talents and expertise, and offer you the most rewarding experience as a volunteer of the organization.