The Tumor Foundation of BC has been funding research since 1994 when we provided our first grant to the NF Clinical Database at the University of British Columbia.
Since that time the Foundation has provided numerous stimulus grants to both new and established researchers delving deeper into the genetics of NF.
Here are a few ways you can get involved in research and help to change the future.
- Join the NF Registry
- Research the various clinical trials for neurofibromatosis or schwannomatosis.
- Tell your doctor that you are interested in learning more about clinical trials or research studies.
- Watch for opportunities that may be listed on this site or on social media.
- Make a donation to support research
Why should I participate in research?
- Participation in research advances our understanding of neurofibromatosis and schwannomatosis to better understand the progression of the disorder
- Research leads to better treatments and hopefully one day soon, a cure.
- Enrolling in a study might give you or your child a chance to see extra doctors or find out more facts about you or your child’s condition.
- A clinical study may offer closer monitoring or additional testing for you or your child, which may not be part of regular care.
The clinical trial links below are for informational purposes only. The Tumour Foundation cannot recommend or advise patients about clinical trials. Please consult your physician for guidance.
Health Canada Database
US Clinical Trials
World Health Organization
Canadian Cancer Trials
NF Center (US) Clinical Trials