While we may be social distancing the fight to end NF and increase awareness about NF continues. We can still come together as a community to raise awareness from our homes. Will you join us?
Here’s how you can help:
- Decorating your driveway or sidewalk with chalk pictures, messages, or NF facts
- Making lawn signs
- Change your profile picture to one that celebrates NF Awareness!
- Download our Facebook Profile Frame or one of our many social media badges below to let everyone know what cause you're supporting.
Step it up a notch by:
- Dyeing your hair (with the added benefit of surprising your co-workers, family, or teachers on your next video call)
- Having a End NF-themed meal or snack with blue and green foods
And don't forget to share photos of you, family, and pets on social media with the hashtag #endnf!
Teach others about NF using our Resource Library. Consider sharing one NF fact a day throughout the month on social media, making NF fact lawn signs, or download materials and email to friends, coworkers, teachers, or family who might want to learn more about NF.
Help us Shine a Light on NF!
Shine a Light on NF brings awareness into the community by lighting up buildings, bridges and monuments in blue and green.
Last year, together, we secured 326 landmarks in 13 countries to Shine a Light on NF, and we're excited to see that grow in even more places around the world this year.
For NF Awareness Month 2020, we are asking you to help us reach beyond this goal. Look at the buildings and landmarks in your city/town. Is there one (or two) you could invite into the campaign to shine a light on NF?
- Roger's Arena, Vancouver (May 1)
- TELUS World of Science, Vancouver (May 1)
- Canada Trade and Convention Centre, Vancouver (May 1)
- Civic Building, Surrey (May 13-17)
- BC Place, Vancouver (May 14)
- Anvil Centre, New Westminster (May 17)
- Vancouver City Hall (May 17)
- Calgary Tower, Calgary (May 15)
- High Level Bridge Canada, Edmonton (May 19)
- TELUS Spark, Calgary
- The Carriage House Inn, Calgary
- Village Office, Salisbury
- Colchester-East Hants Public Library, Truro
- 3D Toronto Sign, Toronto
- CN Tower, Toronto
- Hôtel- de-ville, Sherbrooke
- Parc Renaud, Joliette
- Tour de Montréal, Stade Olympique, Montréal
The tools below created by the Children’s Tumour Foundation make outreach even easier for you. See the flyer and sample emails you can send below.
Remember, the entire month of May is NF Awareness Month, so if you can't get May 17 (World NF Awareness Day), any day in May will work. Every day is a good day to shine a light on NF!
A few of the sites that joined prior year campaigns, included:
Vancouver City Hall
The Lafarge Lake Fountain
CN Tower, Toronto
Calgary Tower, Calgary
Niagara Falls, New York
City Hall, London
Trafalgar Square Fountains, London
The Royal Liver Building, Liverpool
Convention Centre, Dublin
Seattle Great Wheel, Seattle, WA
Bank of America Plaza, Dallas, TX
Zakim Bridge, Boston, MA
First National Building, Detroit, MI
For more information or to get involved:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org