The Tumour Foundation of BC empowers those affected by neurofibromatosis.
The Tumour Foundation of BC envisions a world without neurofibromatosis.
- We are caring, compassionate and committed to individuals and families with NF.
- We are accountable and responsible for achieving results and having an impact.
- We are accepting of all and include all who need service.
- We are hopeful and optimistic in our continual striving for excellence in pursuit of our vision.
- We are driven and directed by the needs and desires of our membership.
“Although the effects of neurofibromatosis vary greatly from person to person, most people with NF live fulfilling and productive lives. We know more now than in the past about how to diagnose, prevent and treat many serious complications of NF. Certainly, there is still a great need to learn more, but if NF research labs and organizations such as BCNF continue to work together, our understanding of this complex disorder and our ability to treat it effectively will be much better tomorrow than it is today.”
Jan Friedman, MD, PhD, Professor of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia