Join the Virtual Team for 2021!
June 2nd to July 5th
- Start by registering for the event: (REGISTER HERE) You can choose a 5km, 10km, half marathon or do all three!
- After you register you will be invited to set up a fundraising page.
- Then while you're training to walk or run the distance of your choice, you share the event and your fundraising goal with your friends and ask them to support you with a small donation. We have training plans, fundraising ideas and a sample email to send your friends to make it super easy to be successful in reaching your fundraising goal and the finish line!
Our staff and volunteers are also ready to support you. And we have some great prizes for our fundraisers including team t-shirts, hats and more!
We are deeply grateful to everyone who helps support and raise funds for the Tumour Foundation of BC. For the 2021 ScotiaBank Charity Challenge we want to say thank you in a special way.
We have chosen a few rewards to acknowledge and show our appreciation for your fundraising efforts.
|$40 Registration Refund
|$1,000 - $2,499
|$100 E-gift card of your choice
|$200 E-gift card of your choice
|$300 E-gift card of your choice
Important information about the fundraising rewards:
- Fundraising rewards are awarded based on individual fundraising efforts.
- Team fundraising funds do not qualify for fundraising rewards.
- Only ONE prize per registered participant, with the exception of the t-shirt and registration refund which are accumulative.
- T-shirts will be mailed out before June 13th.
- To qualify for fundraising rewards, all funds must be received by July 25th.
- E-gift cards will be sent to participants to the email address provided during registration. You choose which card you’d like to receive and we will send it to you with the reward level reached. Please ensure you register using the email address to which you would like to receive your e-gift card.
Fundraising rewards are paid for by the Tumour Foundation. Donate your fundraising rewards back to the Foundation and help direct more funds towards research.
Tools for Runners
Email Invite for Sponsorships
We made the part of asking your friends and family to support your run a little easier. Download this text to use as is, or personalize it, to send to your family and friends in support of your fundraising goals.
There are lots of ideas on this list to help you reach your fundraising goals. Here are a few suggestions to get you started.